Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It starts with an Apple

Me and messy fruit don't mix. Me and fruit in fact aren't the best of pals. In my fairly new found drive to beat inertia, I told myself 2009 would be different.

I am not one to make new years resolutions. I think that prevents you from starting something on the other 364 days of the year, and then being disappointed if you fail just afterwards. Nonetheless I told myself this year was the year I was going to conquer my illogical exclusion of fruit from my diet.

Today I had an apple. Now that sounds (an is) pathetic coming from a 29 year old, but it took some will power. It sat on my desk for an hour, and then in a surge I decided now was the time. I took a bite, and like every other apple I have eaten... I didn't dislike it. In fact, I liked it. Hence the acknowledgement that my fruitless diet is illogical. But... as I bit, some juice flew from my mouth.

Now anyone who knows me well would laugh if I tried to claim that I was obsessively tidy, so again I don't understand the reasoning why some juice makes me feel strange. Strange, because I can't put my finger on it. Now, bananas, I never had a problem with. They aren't messy you see.

Now, before you point your finger at me, laugh, shake your head and think, 'weirdo'... I am pretty sure there are completely illogical things you do that you want to change.

I guess we don't have to wait for New Years.

Let's see if tomorrow I can make it two days in a row. Hey, maybe next week I will even attempt some grapes! (ok, you are forgiven for thinking weirdo)

Exciting Times.

No comments: